Yes, the title of this post sets me up! Lol!
I always think that everything can be lacking and in this sense, I turn out to be impractical! Then this can happen!
However, after a few trips like this (here the continuation) and the times of archaeological excavations during the college holidays (weeks through the Alentejo and Algarve), I notice that I have become simpler and more practical! I am often assailed by the thought “fuck it, this will be enough” (which it usually is)!
There are a few factors to take into account when making an interrail vintage backpack: journey time; Or season of the year they will have in the destination country. Here at Buywyncote.com you can get more different models and styles.
Based on my experience (which is not vast and the experience of a person a little “complicated”, as I said above), I leave here what I consider the most essential for, for example, a 10-day interrail by European countries in the summer:
– Interrail backpack about 60/65 liters. There are in the usual sport shops. I did not even buy it, I borrowed it from a friend. If they do not do so many trips of these and do not regard it as a necessary investment, do the same!
– comfortable walking shoes suitable for the season of the year but not new! It is important that they be used, to know that they do not hurt you anywhere! They will walk a lot!!
– slippers. Not only to bathe in the hostels, but also to any day of beach, of swimming pool, that want to walk of feet to the curse!! (The one that filled me the most was walking always with my feet closed in tennis…)
– shallow sandals. Lol’s Stuff! For any night out, if there are more days in a city and they are not always traveling several kilometers a day… It’s an option.
– pajamas / nightwear. Anything practical, because if they choose this or depending on the number of people with whom they travel, they can sleep with several other strangers in your hostel room.
– T-shirts / sweaters in the amount they think necessary (and do not put too much weight in your backpack). If they use one a day, think about whether they want to take one for each day, or if they prefer to wash one or the other.
– 2 pairs of comfortable denim pants or some other pair of lightweight and flowing pants (attention that will get very crumpled in the backpack!)
– a dress
– a cardigan type sweater and / or a sweat
– coat that gives for some cold and / or rain (with hood), but easy to store in the suitcase.
– Underwear (the amount will depend on whether they are willing to wash some clothes for later use, or if they wear them everyday). For my trip I chose to make a little bag where I took all the clean underwear.
In backpacks it is more difficult to have a space between worn clothes, dirty or not, slippers, etc … You can see better here.
– Bath towels. There are hostels that do not need them, but it is preferable to take your own. Not to carry with heavy Turkish towels that take years to dry, opt for microfiber towels that can be bought at very reasonable prices in any sports shop ( this for example).
– hygiene products. Stick to the basics and the essentials! If it is enough for the travel time, take those smaller vials. They can also try to buy in the destination country of your trip.
Try to make things more practical: the bottle of body cream also serves as a cream of hands and feet, for example.
Wipes, lots of wipes are essential if you make many night train trips!
– medicines. Those that you consider essential for you, plus some frequent medication you take.
– utensils tek: mobile phone charger, camera and chargers, go pro, etc … Whatever you want!
– Another small backpack or briefcase to wear on a day-to-day basis. Even when traveling from city to city by train, there are lockers in the stations where, for about 1euro or 2euros, they can leave your large interrail backpacks.
– some money, especially if they go to countries with another currency. They can choose to exchange in their own country, by picking up ATMs, or by taking the money they think they need right away. In the latter case, I advise those waist bags, “invisible” (or more discreet that can be) to put under the clothes.
Do not forget that ATM withdrawals in other Eurozone countries have a rate and outside the eurozone have an even higher rate.
– documents! Very important not to forget! Including driving licenses, if they think of renting a car, or because they can be used as an identification document in hostels where they rent a room.
– Room rentals or tickets purchased in advance by the internet. I am of the opinion that there are many things that can and should be paid in advance when planning your trip. I think it’s less of a worry, less money to manage (especially if they need to carry changed money), reservations that are made, etc. They often get more discounts! Of this I will speak in another post where I will tell you my adventures through London!:)
To better manage all this paperwork (looking like it is not several A4 papers) I also made a little bag that always walked in my bag.
– Finally, there are those things that can only decide if they take according to the weather conditions of the countries where they will go: rain hat; Hat (head); Bikinis / beach towel / sunscreen (if you intend to do beach, swimming pool or hot springs).
ALILAW vintage retro canvas backpack DUAL USE rucksack …
Eurosport Retro Vintage Military Canvas Backpack Hiking …
Retro Mens Vintage Canvas Backpack Satchel Rucksack School …
vintage style large leather backpack by scaramanga …
RETRO BACKPACK MILITARY VINTAGE BAG RUCKSACK SATCHEL …
Fox Tactical Retro Messenger Bag
Men Vintage Retro Canvas Laptop Backpack Rucksack School …
Retro Men’s and Women’s Leather Strap Rucksack Canvas …
Retro Vintage Canvas Backpack Travel Sport Rucksack …
ALILAW vintage retro canvas backpack rucksack briefcase …
Fox Tactical™ Retro Courier Shoulder Bag
ᗚGenuine Leather backpack,women’s • retro retro Shoulder …
Hiking backpack, Jansport and Hiking on Pinterest
SALE! Vintage Style Olive OD Shoulder Bag Messenger Pack …
Big Front Pocket Large Retro Canvas Backpack Rucksack …
Vintage Retro Canvas Backpack Sport Rucksack Military …
Vintage Military Canvas Backpack Retro Green Travel Bag …
Travel Canvas Rucksack Sport Laptop Handbag School Camping …
Expensive But Best! Retro Vintage BIG Swiss Army Military …